Monday, May 31, 2010

Long term nursing care for my little Miki

My Miki was limping (left leg) on thursday Morning and 1st thing I did was to ask Ah bei if he had beaten Miki and cause the injury......
Ah bei said: "Siao ah, I beat her for what... i will only beat ur stupid snowball....."
By night she couldnt move much but still able to eat and pee by herself.... I was so worried as she is already close to 10years old oredy....
The next morning which was a public holiday(Vesak Day), Miki was completely lying on the floor not moving and she had pee all over her.....
The only Vet which was open is only at Mount Pleasant!!!! I never like going to Mount Pleasant.... the Vet there is always very heartless! They will always recommend to put dogs to sleep and nothing else! I still remember few years back when snowball had his tail snapped off from a closing door and was bleeding very badly.... the vet at mt pleasant actually commended that snowball shld be put to sleep if his wound dun heal!!!!! He must be MAD! cos snowball is young and strong and still ALIVE now!
Had no choice but went to Mount Pleasant but was totally a different experience... Miki met gentle Dr Dennis Choi Kang (shld be a taiwanese).... he was gentle on Miki and super caring too...

DIAGNOSE: MIKI HAS A STROKE ATTACKED AND NEED LONG TERM NURSING CARE :(
28 May 2010
Day 1: She was still eating her normal solid biscuit and drinking water by herself... still able to poo and pee but refuse to wear diaper... completely no strength to stand up... I wash her up and blow dry her coat... Miki seems extermely upset with herself...
Day 2: She refuse to bite any of the biscuit and only wants stringe feed with water... soften her biscuit and hand feed her.... still able to poo and pee but refuse to wear diaper... by night fall she was able to lift her own body up but couldnt stand longer than 1 min....
Day 3: Miki refuse soften biscuit and I could only feed her milk.... honey and water.... Miki again pee on her own body again... I went closer to her and gave her a pat and told her is ok and she will recover soon...
Day 4: (Is a Monday, I had to go to work....) woke up super early today just to feed Miki Medicine and milk just before leaving for work... and hopefully her diaper wont fall off again before I am back.... by 7pm she shld be so so hungry...
hope that Miki will recover SOON......

No comments: